Sunday, March 19, 2017

Don't Stunt Your Personal Growth

"You only have control over three things in your life--the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take--Jack Canfield."  This quote is dynamic in a way that it can be seen as frightening and exciting.  Frightening in a way because of the potential power of impact or effect that it can have on one's thinking and affecting the way one lives his or her life.  It is also exciting in a way because of the control one's have, only you can stop you.  From a personal standpoint, and looking over my life as a whole, I can see how I stunt my own personal growth.  Most of my life I have been an introvert, which is not something see as a negative, but going back and seeing how it slowed down my growth up until now.  I was reserved and settled into a comfort zone, which stunted my personal growth as far as developing interpersonal relationships with friends that I met in school, public areas, as well as family.  It also affected my professional growth since I had to work with people and I wanted to work more independently instead as a group, which reflected negatively upon me.  Being sociable is seen as the norm in society, and having an introverted persona can be looked as a personality disorder, but not necessarily is, in the views of many people.  The good think is that a person can change, but it is up to that individual to do so.  I always had this latent fear that I would not be good enough for people if I had shown my true self. As I gotten older and grown to learn throughout my life, not everyone was going to like me and that was okay.  One of my biggest fears was failure.  I had to learn that I had to come out of my comfort zone in order for me to truly grow as an individual.  Once I learnt that life is about experiencing, and the only way to do so is to live life without fear.  Everyone is going to go through challenges in his or her life, and the chances that we all going to fail at some point is high.  In life, there is going to be trials and tribulations.  A lot of people who had succeeded in life have failed tons of times before, but that did not mean they are failures.  You have to keep trying and trying and vision yourself succeeding to whatever goals you are wanting to achieve. There are plenty of resources out there and people willing to help you.  As I have experienced in life, people want to see others succeed in life.   Life is about experiencing and networking with other people, so put yourself out there and live!

No comments:

Post a Comment