Sunday, March 19, 2017

Be A Better You

One of the most important aspects for growth in an individual is to become a better you.  Even if you are currently happy with yourself and you are yourself's best friend.  It is vital to love oneself, but one needs to challenge him or herself and set goals for him or her in order to have growth.  Because if you get content and become complacent, then you won't reach any of your untapped potential.  This will cripple and disable you from any sort of personal or professional growth, which is important to reach any sort of success in whatever one is seeking.  In my personal life, I have become my own worst enemy.  I had a lot of academic success through grade school and post secondary education, but did not try to better myself.  I would go to school, do my work, and come home.  I did very little interaction with people while I was there.  I was a reserved individual.  I did not like to speak in general, but some people looked at it that I disliked them.  Like the old adage, "It is me and not you."  That was a truism that hinder me both personally and professionally.  As of now, I have two degrees, but have a hard of finding a position in my field due to a lack of effective communication skills. Communication is a big aspect in every type of professional business. I am an articulate person in the thought process, but when it comes to verbalizing it, that is a different story.  As I have learnt the hard way, thinking and speaking are two different processes.  Both require a lot of work, which involves a ton of practice.  One can read on how to do those things, but in order for it to effectively work, they must be put into practice, which involves interacting with people.  As I mentioned earlier, I am a reserved/introvert person, which meant I had a comfort zone and did not want to come out of it because of fear.  Being in a comfort zone is safe and dangerous at the same time.  It is safe due to the fact you do not have to face your fear in the short term, but dangerous since it limits your growth.  Eventually, one is going to have to come to grip with his or her fear in order to get to where he or she is trying to go in life.  Life is about experiencing and facing challenges and to become a better you as a result of those obstacles.  Embrace challenge, it is okay.  It is okay to fail as long as you continue to strive until you reach success.  You will live and learn.  Failing happens only when someone gives up and stop trying to reach his or her goal or goals.  Don't give up, don't ever give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment